Dr. Riley Williams is a renowned orthopedic surgeon who specializes in the field of shoulder, knee and elbow surgery at the Hospital for Special Surgery. He holds a dual appointment in both the Department of Orthopedic Surgery, as a full-time member of the Sports Medicine & Shoulder Service, and as a Clinician-Scientist in the Research Division. Dr. Williams uses the latest medical technology and a state of the art medical facility to provide his patients with the best possible outcome. He is not only involved in the daily orthopedic surgery at the hospital but as the Medical Director and Team Physician for several professional sports teams, he not only treats sports injuries but works extensively with players and staff to prevent injuries and keep players in top physical form. In his personal life, Dr. Williamsis an avid cyclist, runner, triathlete, and golfer so he is intensely aware of the possibility of sports injury as well as prevention and rehabilitation.
His Advanced Training Includes:
- Knee Injuries and Osteoarthritis
- ACL Reconstruction (Bone-Patellar Tendon-Bone Graft)
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
Dr. Williams graduated from Yale University and went on to receive his MD from Stanford University School of Medicine. He served an internship at Huntington Memorial Hospital at USC and his residency and fellowship at the Hospital for Special Surgery, New York.
Board Affiliations and Certifications
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)
- Society of American Shoulder & Elbow Surgeons (ASES)
- Orthopedic Research Society (ORS)
- New York Academy of Medicine
- Licensed in New York