Dr. Matthew Burnett’s interest in sports medicine became his passion while in college as an accomplished All-American Soccer team member. His continuing interest has allowed him to work with team members of all sports including all 32 NFL teams, MLB, NHL, LPGA and PGA. Dr. Burnett is an accomplished author and lecturer who enjoys sharing his knowledge with sportsprofessionals and enthusiasts. His integration of nuclear medicine has expanded his ability to treat sports-related problems and help patients avoid injury. Currently, as the CEO of Legacy Medical Centers, Dr. Burnett treats a wide range of patients but has a special niche in the athletic world treating local and professional athletes.
His Advanced Training Includes:
- Fundamentals of Clinical Nutrition
- Laser Therapy
- Nuclear Medicine
- Sports Biomechanics and Injury Prevention
- Sports Injuries
- Extremity Adjusting
- Exercise Strength and Conditioning
Dr. Burnett graduated from Wheeling Jesuit University with a BS in Nuclear Medicine and went on to obtain a BS in Human Biology at the National University in Chicago. He then went on to graduate from the National University of Health Sciences with a Doctorate of Chiropractic.
Board Affiliations and Certifications
- National Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- American Academy of Neuro/Ortho Surgeons
- Board Certified Physiotherapy
- Certified Fascial Stretch Specialist (CFSS)
- Active Release Techniques (ART)