Dr. Marianne La Barbera is an experienced Family Practice physician with an extensive background in the New York area. She has included surgery into her knowledge base and has spent much of her career in executive positions with the New York State Academy of Family Physicians (NYSAFP). While involved with NYSAFP at various levels she has helped to set the tone for a modern approach to Family Practice. Dr. La Barbera shares her vast knowledge with her many fellow family physicians through her network of associations.
Her Advanced Training Includes:
- General Surgery
- Emergency Room Protocols
- Geriatric Medicine
- Men’s Health
- Medical Care Management
Dr. La Barbera received her degree in Biology from NYU’s Washington Square College and went on to receive her MD from Autonomous University of Guadalajara, Mexico. She served her residency in Family Medicine at Community Hospital at Glen Cove, NY and a surgical residency at Flushing Hospital Medical Center, NY.
Board Affiliations and Certifications
- New York State Academy of Family Physicians (NYSAFP) Numerous Executive Positions
- American Geriatrics Society
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Family
- Licensed in New York, Tennessee, Illinois, Maryland, Washington, DC, Texas, Michigan, Washington, California, Pennsylvania, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, New Jersey.