Dr. Alvaro Ocampo’s focus since completing his education has been on the environment and its effect on our health. Much of his experience has been in the area of occupational hazards and the remediation of environmental health issues. Dr. Ocampo has also been involved in or directed numerous studies researching the efficacy of specific drugs for a variety of conditions, including Lupus, Type 2 Diabetes, Angina and Rheumatoid Arthritis.He currently practices as a Primary Care/Urgent Care Physician while still finding time to continue his love of research. Today’s constantly changing environment exposes all of us to new and untested hazardous materials. Dr. Ocampo’s work continues to make us all safer.
His Advanced training includes:
- Drug Safety and mild Alzheimer’s disease
- Public Health Issues
- Idiopathic Constipation and drug controls
- HIV/AIDS Drug Therapy
- Drug control for established vascular disease
Dr. Ocampo studied at the University of Southern California and the University of California, Berkeley, focusing on Pathology, Occupational and Environmental Medicine. He worked with the CDC in Atlanta on the Epidemic Intelligence Service and then moved on to Boston University as a Resident fellow in Clinical Pathology/Toxicology.
Board Affiliations and Certifications
- American Medical Association
- American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine
- American College of Physician Executives
- American Public Health Association
- Massachusetts Medical Society
- Licensed in Massachusetts, Illinois and Florida